Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK! and ARTzona news


~EXTREMELY HEAVY PHOTO CONTENT~

Good Day ya'll,

Well things have settled down a bit, so it's time to show you the amazing creativity and outstanding art to be found at this year's ARTzona.  I had a really great time, however, most of us got a bit depressed when the event was over.  We wanted it to last till we got tired of it.........imagine that!

As the warning states above, there are a lot of piccy's so please bear with me.  Keep an open mind on some of the subjects, we're a bunch of middle aged crazy women who can play and party hard......not that I did any of that...;o)

These are called "Arches" which are about 6" tall by 3" wide
and there was a great selection to choose from as my
small collection here shows.
These are "ATC's" which are the size of a playing card.
There were many different styles and mediums used
on these, which made for an awesome trade.
Handmade charms were some of the gifts given by artists.
These are called "chunkies" and are roughly
4" x 4"
More goodies created by various artists given as gifts.
Hearts were an overall theme that many of the artists
came up with in the months leading up to this event.
The steampunk heart in the lower right corner
can be seen as a close up at the beginning of this
post, so check it out.

We participated in a "round robin" art activity at each table.
Each of us started off with a 6"x 9" canvas and we created
a background for everyone else to work on.  Each canvas
was then passed to the left for 5 minutes each which
gave us all an opportunity to work on each others
canvas.  At the end of the round you came away with
a piece of art that 7-10 people worked on.  This one is
what I ended up with after creating a pinkish/bluish
background.  Double click on this to get a closer
look and see all the layers that were added by others.
One of my all time favorite artists once again
attended.  Her name is Ruth Morris and I gushed
about her last year as well "click here"
Her and I got to spend more time talking this year
and some of my wishes are coming true.  Ruth and
I are going to do some collaborating on
artdolls.  I'm very excited about this.  This is a
picture of a doll that she GAVE me......I was totally blown
away by this as it's an amazing piece of work.
Here's a close up of the amount of detail she puts into these.
You can check out her work on her website HERE.
I took the opportunity to invite her to come back out here,
and guess what????  She's coming to stay with me in March
and we're going to spend a few days "playing" together.
How cool is that?



Here's my good friend Sharon (left) and my youngest
daughter Abby.
I brought Abby on the last day of the event and
had her try decorating an ATC.  I gave her a
metal ATC and showed her how to rust it, and
then she started adding all kinds of cool
elements like frayed ribbon, torn paper, etc.  This
was her very first ATC and she happily traded it.
There was much interest in her first ATC and many of
the ladies wanted it, but sadly it was already taken.

Our collection of artwork and dolls that we created in a local
doll exchange last year.


PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED
This is an amazing piece of work from
another extremely talented artist named
Deb Peot and she's just showing her
snarky side.
More examples from the other round robins
that went on at other tables.  I thought
they were all amazing and so fun.

This one is my little sister's after everyone had worked on it.
I added the image of the woman as the second layer, but
look at everything else that was added.











Check out all the art supplies on just this
one set of tables.
Well that's it for now.  I'll be back soon with what I'm working on now and show you a swap I participated in and some other goodies I've received.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this coverage of ARTzona 2014.

Big Hugs,
Meri



12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I can just feel those creative vibes flowing! What fun and what imagination! Love seeing all of your photos! Have a great day my friend! Hugs!

Musings from Kim K. said...

It must have been so energizing to be around so many other talented and creative souls. Thank you for bringing us along. Fabulous pictures.

Shirley Hatfield said...

I need to get out more and get my creativity juices flowings...lol! Thanks for sharing, cute Meri!

Tammy's in Love said...

It must be such fun to hear the conversations as you create the shared pieces and enjoy each other's creative ideas! Thanks for showing us all what the event was like!

Createology said...

What an amazing Artapalooza you all shared. I can feel the energy and inspiration coming right through your photos. How exciting to have your friend Ruth come to stay and play. Ask and ye shall receive. Lots of fabulous art here dear...

Lynn said...

HI Meri,
Wow, you had an amazing time! Wow, what a wonderful bunch of talented ladies! Can't wait to see what you are going to create!
Hugs,
Lynn

vintage grey said...

Looks like a wonderful time creating!! Thanks for sharing! Wishing you a wonderful week Meri! xo Heather

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun!! LOVING all the goodies everyone made!!!!!!!!

LBP said...

Oh my heavens! That was bound to be so much fun! I loved seeing all the inspiring pics! thanks for sharing!

Linda

Montanagirl said...

Wow, talk about the creative side to people! It was great fun to see all the wonderful pieces of artwork.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very unique artwork. It was interesting to see what you all did.
warmly,
deb

Wish You Were Here said...

Wow. Thanks so much for sharing! Very colorful and imaginative! Hugs, Janice